#4 I need you to know

>> November 20, 2012

I want you to know,
that because
I don’t say the words,
doesn’t mean I don’t feel
those emotions- intense,
that ardor, overwhelming,
frightening, even.
I need you to know why
I won’t say those words-
so trite,
so common.
I want you to know,
that, I wonder,
what if,
the passion, the experience
those feelings,
are trivialized
in utterance.
I want you to know that
I could tell you over
and over again.
I could scream into caves,
and listen for the echos
of those words, that will
barely, hardly
so inadequately express
how deeply,
fiercely,
and consumingly,
I love you.

1 Comment(s):

Reshma January 13, 2013 at 5:33 AM  

*sigh*

Beautifully conveyed - something I have always felt but couldn't put into words.

I connect to this pome.

Post a Comment

Header Image
Courtesy: Vladstudio

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP