"If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

>> May 13, 2014

I have found another terrace. 
Another city-line studded with yellow lights 
from the highway beyond, and 
another song.  
Another place to call home,
if only 
for a while, 
to spend solitary nights 
asking myself 
questions, some deep, some not,
and finding vague answers
or random epiphanies
and making decisions, 
some difficult, 
some wrong.

I didn’t think I would like this place- but I'm beginning to think it’s not so bad. I could grow into it, or it'll grow into me. If you really want to know how you feel about a city, get on one of its terraces and watch the lights go out of its countless windows, one by one, like a million candles blown out in little boxes. And if you can love the city by night, you can probably tolerate it by day.


2 Comment(s):

tellingitstraight,  May 21, 2014 at 4:27 AM  

Hello hallo I awe by po.em, from Turkiye i onli not unerstan one ting wich is why u ask qestions urself i mean nice po.em but if u hav iphone liek i rich trkish boy do u cn ask qstns to siri i liek siri ok bai. i benozoglu.

Post a Comment

Header Image
Courtesy: Vladstudio

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP